Welcome to the dKosopedia, a project whose goals are:
- To create a big encyclopedia of political knowledge
- To host several ThinkTanks where people can work on political ideas
- ...is an encyclopedia.
- ...is a political encyclopedia.
- ...is a liberal, democratic, progressive, Democratic encyclopedia.
It is an encyclopedia built with Media wiki technology as a collaborative outgrowth, begun in April of 2004, of the dailyKos community of political junkies. As such it proudly brings along decidedly strong points of view.
See How to use and change this Resource for guidance on the practical matters of using dKosopedia.
The whole thing is collaboratively built, meaning that you too can submit information. Even if you don't have a lot of information at your disposal, merely contributing a tiny factual point here, or an economic stat there, you will be making a valuable addition. The sum of a thousand such contributions is a vast database of knowledge.
How to Submit
- First, create an account, using the Log In button in the upper-right corner. (dKosopedia accounts are separate from Daily Kos accounts.)
- Once you've done that, go to the Sandbox page. Look it over.
- Then, click on the "Edit this Page" link at the top of the sandbox.
- Now, you can edit the contents of the sandbox.
- Add whatever you like to the sandbox. It's there for experimenting.
- Once you're satisfied that you know how to edit pages, find a page that's missing some important information, and add it.
- You are now a dKosopedia contributor.
Start small. Most important, don't be afraid to edit something. The system contains mechanisms for retrieving old data if you accidentally delete something. If you submit something incorrect, it's no big deal: somebody will fix it. In other words, dive right in.
The dKosopedia effort was started in April of 2004 and currently consists of 14,378 articles. Please see our Policies before contributing. Most of the contributors are members of the DailyKos community.