Barbara Cubin (R) 93,336 48%
Gary Trauner (D) 92,324 48%
Thomas Rankin (L) 7,481 4%
- Outlook: Although Cubin is a six term incumbent, she underperformed Bush by 15% in 2004. Trauner, a telecom entrepreneur, is a strong candidate, and he is polling nearly even with Cubin. They were nearly tied in fundraising at the end of Q1, and Trauner was ahead in Q2. Cubin only polled 61% in her primary, running against the unknown, underfunded Bill Winney.
- see DailyKos => WY-AL
- Yes, Wyoming Is In Play - Democrats.org
- kos. WY-AL: A House pickup opportunity in the reddest of Red country - DailyKos, July 17, 2006.
- ultrageek. Taking Back the House State by State - THE HIGH PLAINS DailyKos, September 12, 2006.
- Brenner, Noah. Debate gets personal Jackson Hole Wyoming News, October 24, 2006.
- Joseph, Justin. National Spotlight Shifting to Cubin/Trauner Race KGWN CBS5 Wyoming, October 25, 2006.
- kos. WY-AL: Cubin says Limbaugh made her be an ass Daily Kos, October 29, 2006.
- Moen, Bob. Trauner decides against recount Jackson Hole Star-Tribune, November 18, 2006.