Wisconsin U.S. Senate election, 2006
Herb Kohl (D)
- Filing Deadline: July 11, 2006
- Primary: September 12, 2006
- Kohl won 67-30%
- 2000: 62% / 38% over John Gillespie (R)
- 1994: 58% / 41% over Bob Welch (R)
- 1988: 52% / 48% over Susan Engeleiter (R) (open seat)
Wisconsin presidential election results
- 2004: Kerry 50% / Bush 49%
- 2000: Gore 48% / Bush 48%
- Unless Kohl changes his mind and retires, the seat is safe Democratic. Thompson could make a race of it, though he has eyed private sector employment. Darrow seems unlikely to sink another chunk of his fortune on a second race in a row. Scott Klug was elected the seat currently held by Tammy Baldwin; he may be too moderate to get through the primary. Paul Ryan, though, is basically a money-making machine, consistently leading Wisconsin's House members for fundraising.
- Wisconsin Senate: Kohl Still in Control -- Kohl (D) Leads Lorge (R) 59% to 31% Rasmussen Reports, August 20, 2006.
Sen. Russ Feingold (D)
- Sen. Russ Feingold (D)
- Next Election in 2010.