Vision Iowa Board
The Vision Iowa Program and the Community Attraction and Tourism (CAT) Program provide financial incentives to communities for the construction of recreational, cultural, educational or entertainment facilities that enhance the quality of life in Iowa. These programs are managed by a 13 member board: by law, the State Auditor, State Treasurer and Director of Economic Development are ex-officio members, while the other ten are appointed by the Governor.
Current Members of the Board
- Chairman - Andrew Anderson, of Clive, works for Faegre & Benson LLP as Special Counsel in the Corporate Finance group. Most recently, Andy was Assistant Attorney General for the Iowa Department of Justice in Des Moines.
- Vice Chair - Libby Slappey, of Cedar Rapids, works as Associate Director of Development for Carver College of Medicine at University of Iowa.
- Lorna Burnside is a member of the Buena Vista County Board of Supervisors.
- Mary Ellen Chamberlin - Davenport.
- Mike Edwards is the mayor of Burlington.
- Charles Graf - Clinton, Iowa.
- David Odekirk - Waterloo, Iowa.
- Dr. Carolyn Rants, of Sioux City, is Dean of Students at Western Iowa Tech Community College.
- Cathy Reece is a member of the Lucas County Board of Supervisors.
Newly appointed members are Andrew Anderson of Clive, Cathy Reece of Chariton, Carolyn Rants of Sioux City, Lynn Kueck of Algona and Regenia Bailey of Iowa City.
Past Members of the Board
- Vision Iowa - official website.