Talk:Churches and denominations
--Jumbo 15:43, 31 May 2004 (PDT)You should add a section on splinter groups like Jehovahs Witness, Mormons, Rastafarians, etc.
--I'm not sure Rastas could be called a "splinter" group properly. They're more their own thing. The rest of them we'll get to--they fall under the "other" category. Thanks for the suggestion! pastordan 21:49 31 May 2004 (EST)
--Jumbo 14:26, 1 Jun 2004 (PDT) Check again. Rastas are all about Zion and the Old Testament. Granted their messiah figure is Haile Sellassie, but I can make you dubby mix-tapes of reggae songs all about Abraham or all about Moses etc.
--pastordan Rastas use the OT language, but most follow very little of the traditional religion, though I understand the Seven Tribes movement is taking them back in the direction of Judaism. Perhaps the best analogy is that Rasta:Judaism::Nation of Islam:Islam. Bring on the dubs. I'll put it on after my Pablo CD.
- --Pyrrho 20:14, 1 Jun 2004 (PDT) Pastordan... don't forget to chime in at talk:Main Page on how to integrate this into the main page. cheers. btw, I made a redirect from Churches and Denominations (both terms capitalized) to this page.
- --pastordan Thanks, Pyrrho, I'll try to remember to do that. And thanks for the redirect!
- --Jumbo 20:59, 2 Jun 2004 (PDT) How many do you want want? I'm just saying, Rastas are Christainer than they are Bhuddish. They may not be in the same ball park but they play in the same league.
- --pastordanI'll take a $10 trilogy, thanks. Perhaps you could drop it off at the house in exchange for dinner? And 10 bucks, of course.
--Ohwilleke So far this is a purely Christian page. Should be called Christian Churches and denominations, with a separate link for non-Christians, or are you thinking of including non-Christians here. Also, I hope you find my additions and expansions helpful. I'm trying to blend into your treatment while linking it a bit more to the present and the implications of some of these things.
- --Jumbo 20:59, 2 Jun 2004 (PDT) Who else besides Christians have churches?