The tag:namespace is for articles with the point of view of a tag editor in the blogosphere as a whole. Things that aren't necessarily tied to DailyKos or dKosopedia in particular, but are shared between both and all blogs in the world.
Names like Tags-Political Bloggers and Sites violate pretty much every convention there is. Don't create them. Current pages in this namespace include:
- tag:Bush requests breakdown into tag:Bush family, tag:Bush administration, and so on
- tag:politician, tag:office holder, and any other tag:person (famous)
- tag:organization, tag:political organization, tag:news source
This namespace may be temporary as it's been suggested that there should be no Daily Kos tag that is not also a dKosopedia article. All alternative versions of the same tag would then become redirects in main namespace, and there'd be no need for a separate tag namespace of any kind.
However, o use the dKosopedia as the means by which incorrect, for some definition of incorrect, tags get mapped to correct tags, or identified as problematic in some way, requires a canonical scheme of identifying tag categories, and consistency in using that scheme. User:Johnsonwax said he could "easily code against pages in the "tag" namespace to extract the data. The categories are:
- "valid" tags. These are ok in and of themselves, and are also the set of tags onto which degenerate tags get mapped.
Afghanistan Bill Cinton Hillary Clinton George W. Bush
- many-to-one mappings, or "remapped" tags. This takes care of common misspellings and variant name forms.
Afganistan => Afghanistan William J. Clinton => Bill Clinton William Jefferson Clinton => Bill Clinton
- one-to-many mappings, or "ambiguous" tags.
Clinton => Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Clinton Administration, etc. George Bush => George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush
- "diallowed" and "pending" tags. If some set of tags is to be disallowed (and I'm not saying this should be so), that set needs to be identified, and some process of approval agreed upon. Hence disallowed status and pending status.
As a first pass, how about using asterisk bullet points:
- valid tags
- Bill Cinton
- Hillary Clinton
- George W. Bush
- remapped tags
- Afganistan => Afghanistan
- William J. Clinton => Bill Clinton
- William Jefferson Clinton => Bill Clinton
- ambiguous tags
- Clinton => Bill Clinton
- Clinton => Hillary Clinton
- Clinton => Chelsea Clinton
- Clinton => Clinton Administration
- George Bush => George W. Bush
- George Bush => George H.W. Bush
- disallowed tags