Sylvia Luke, (born December 15, 1967), is a member of the Democratic Party and represents the 26th Representative District in the Hawaii State House of Representatives in the Hawaii State Legislature. The 26th district includes the areas of Dowsett Highlands, Pacific Heights, Pauoa and Punchbowl on the island of Oahu.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Hawaii, Manoa, B.A., 1989
- Roosevelt High School, 1985
- Attorney, Cronin Fried Sekiya Kekina & Fairbanks
- Consumer Protection & Commerce
- Labor & Public Employment
- Public Safety & Military Affairs
- Hawaii State Capitol, Room 332
- 415 South Beretania Street
- Honolulu, HI 96813
- Phone: 808-586-8530
- fax: 808-586-8534
- email: repluke@Capitol.hawaii.gov
- Rep. Sylvia Luke (Hawaii State Legislature)
- Borreca, Richard. Speaker Say fends off the opposition Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 12-12-04.
- Godvin, Tara. 2 bills expand laws on sex offenders, DNA tests Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 5-5-05.
- Reyes, B.J. Isle campaign law praised -- A national group rates Hawaii among the top five states in terms of financial disclosures Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 10-28-05.
- Reyes, B.J. Youth prison still in ‘chaos’ -- Lawmakers open hearings this week on why problems persist Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 10-31-05.
- Fujimori, Leila. Ruling stirs debate but won't change laws on unborn By Leila Fujimori Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 11-30-05.
- Reyes, B.J. Panel defers 'Sunshine Law' bill -- The measure would have created a task force to review the open-government law Honolulu Star-Bulletin, March 22, 2006.
- White, Doug. Lobbying reform bill dies Poinography, April 5, 2006.
- Bill on political donations tabled -- The bill sought to bar lobbyists' gifts during the legislative session Honolulu Star-Bulletin, April 5, 2006.
- Altonn, Helen. Gov supports malpractice law reform Honolulu Star-Bulletin, April 25, 2006.
- Rules for medical malpractice lawsuits need review THE ISSUE: Proposals to change the rules for medical malpractice lawsuits has died in this year's Legislature. Honolulu Star-Bulletin, April 25, 2006.
- Bill on political donations tabled -- The bill sought to bar lobbyists' gifts during the legislative session Honolulu Star-Bulletin, April 27, 2006.
- Where do we go from here? Honolulu Advertiser, Commentary, April 30, 2006.
- White, Doug. Community editors Q&A with Representative Luke Poinography!, April 30, 2006.
- DePledge, Derrick. Inouye sorry for involving legislator in feud Honolulu Advertiser, December 10, 2006.
Back to Hawaii