|U.S. Representative – NJ-09|
| Assumed office|
January 3, 1997
|Preceded by||Robert Torricelli|
|Born||October 14, 1952|
Rothman attended Washington University Law School. Before being elected into congress, Rothman served as Mayor of Englewood for two terms (1983–1989), a Bergen County Surrogate Court Judge (1993–1996), and practiced law as a private attorney while providing free legal services to the poor, disabled, and elderly (1978–1993). Rothman now lives in Fair Lawn, New Jersey.
Rothman strongly opposes President George W. Bush's tax-cut plans, his health care issues, the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge oil drilling plan, and various other Republican Party and Bush Administration backed plans.
Rothman is an attorney, and he has also served as a Surrogate Court Judge. On August 18, 2006, Rothman married Jennifer Beckenstein, the community affairs coordinator at the Center for Food Action in Englewood, New Jersey. The couple met through JDate, an online dating website for Jewish singles. Between them, Rothman and Beckenstein have 5 children and two dogs, who plan to live in Rothman's home, which is being expanded to accommodate the blended family.
- House Committee on Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on Defense
- Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- House Committee on Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight
- Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics
- Executive Branch
- Judicial Branch
- Legislative Branch