Serving as an election official
Daily Kos diaries
- Be an Election Judge: Forefront of Democracy! (Temmoku, February 6, 2008) lists some of the questions an election judge might be asked
- Ballot boxes surface in Columbus (November 22, 2006) describes experience as pollworker
- FL-13: ReCount This! Live From the Sarasota County Elections Warehouse (god less force, November 17, 2006) describes diarist's visit with pollworkers at an election machine warehouse in Sarasota County
- Democracy at RISK: Pollworkers NEEDED! (kbee214, November 13, 2006) pollworker encounters incompetence
- One Day, One Precinct, in Tester Country (renaissance grrrl, November 9, 2006) describes diarist's experience as Montana pollworker
- What I Did As a Pollworker series (DoctorScience), describing experiences on Nov 7, 2006, of a Mercer County, NJ pollworker:
- Parts 1 & 2 (November 8, 2006) "What it's like being a pollworker" and "The mood of the electorate as I (over)heard it"
- Part 3 (November 15, 2006) "What I did as a pollworker, in mind-numbing detail"
- Protecting the Vote - One Precinct at a Time (Vyan, November 6, 2006) gives pointers to pollwatchers
- Training of an Election Judge diary (Mauimom, October 26, 2006) describing the first round of training as an election judge in Montgomery County, MD
- Election Official Confidential: a scoop from Ohio (histopresto, October 19, 2006) diary describing training as a precinct election official in Franklin County, OH
- Poll Workers Needed! diary (zappini, August 19, 2006) that calls for poll workers and describes the diarist's experience during training
- Taking Back our Elections, One Precinct at a Time diary (Free Spirit, July 24, 2006) that describes the roles of election officials