This article is a stub. You can help dKosopedia by expanding it.
|Senate Bill 1487 (110th Congress)|
|A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require an individual, durable, voter-verified paper record under title III of such Act, and for other purposes.|
|Committees:||Senate Rules and Administration|
- S. 1487-110 — A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require an individual, durable, voter-verified paper record under title III of such Act, and for other purposes.
- May 24, 2007: Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Rules and Administration.
| External links for S. 1487|
|S. 1487 at DailyKos|
|S. 1487 at Thomas|
|S. 1487 at Billhop|
|S. 1487 at GovTrack|
|S. 1487 at OpenCongress|
Source: thomas.gov search
- Kathy Dopp: Response to the July 25th Senate Rules Committee Hearing (July 25, 2007)
- Kathy Dopp: Amendment Suggestions for the Senate Ballot Integrity Act of 2007 (S1487) (last updated July 24, 2007)
- Kathy Dopp: Senate Election Reform Proposal Needs Changes to Increase Effectiveness (June 21, 2007)
- Ellen Theisen on the Brad Blog: "Senator Feinstein's Election Reform Bill: A Constitutional Heresy" (June 12, 2007)
- Ellen Theisen's highly critical analysis at VotersUnite.org
- analysis by Kathy Dopp (PDF format) (May 30, 2007)
- observation: this bill "is co-sponsored by Senators Dodd, Sanders, Inouye, Obama, Brown, Leahy, Menendez, Kennedy, and Clinton (a powerful group so that this bill probably has more standing than Nelson's bill (S.559-110) which more closely mirrors Representative Rush Holt's HR811 (H.R.811-110) 'Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act of 2007'.)"
- conclusion: "The 'Ballot Integrity Act' is a real disappointment if our goal is to ensure the accuracy of election outcomes because no sufficient, scientific, independent election audits are required."
- text of bill (PDF format)