Roy Takumi (born Oct. 13, 1952), is a member of the Democratic Party, represents the 36th Representative District in the Hawaii State House of Representatives of the Hawaii State Legislature. The 36th District includes the Pearl City, Momilani, Pacific Palisades and Manana areas on the island of Oahu, in the state of Hawaii.
Sen. Takumi has made education his specialty in the legislature. Takumi was a major force behind the Reinventing Education Act (Act 51), a product of the 2004 legislative session. Act 51 will decentralize the system, giving individual schools the ability to control their resources.
Takumi is a graduate of McKinley High School. He recieved his BA from Long Island University, New York and his MPA from the University of Hawaii.
Member of the following House committees:
- Education (Chair)
- Higher Education
- Labor & Public Employment
- Public Safety & Military Affairs
- Hawaii State Capitol, Room 444
- 415 South Beretania Street
- Honolulu, HI 96813
- phone: 808-586-6170
- fax: 808-586-6171
- E-mail: reptakumi@Capitol.hawaii.gov
- Rep. Roy Takumi (Hawaii State Legislature)
- Sierra Club Legislative Environmental Scorecard 2003 - 2004 - Takumi 86% (Hawaii Sierra Club)
- Sierra Club Legislative Environmental Scorecard 2001 - 2002 - Takumi 100% (Hawaii Sierra Club)
- Sierra Club Legislative Environmental Scorecard 1999 - 2000 - Takumi 73% (Hawaii Sierra Club)
- Kama'aina Talk Story with Lawmakers About the High Cost of Prescription Drugs (Hawaii AARP, 3-31-04)
- Hawaii Representative Roy Takumi (Center for Policy Alternatives, Oct 2004)
- Letters to the Editor: Act 51 reinvents the state’s way of supplying education by Rep. Roy Takumi (The Maui News, September 01, 2004)
Back to Hawaii.