Patsy Mink North Shore Heritage Park
The North Shore of Maui, stretching from Spreckelsville to past Ho‘okipa is proposed as a national park in a House bill, H.R. 2618, introduced in the U.S. Congress by Rep. Mazie Hirono.
According to a Honolulu Advertiser article: "The current mission set out in the new legislation, H.R. 2618, is to direct the Secretary of the Interior to study the feasibility of setting aside about 130 acres in the Pa'ia-Spreckelsville area to become part of the National Park System." 
- North Shore Heritage Park
- Maui Coastal Land Trust
- Trust for Public Land
- Hirono proposes preservation status study for Maui shoreline Maui News, June 9, 2007.
- raatz Help Rep. Mazie Hirono preserve coastal land on Maui Daily Kos, Jun 13, 2007.
- Preservation starts at home Maui News, June 13, 2007.
- Preserving Maui shore deserves federal study Honolulu Advertiser, June 15, 2007.