North American Union
NAFTA is seen as a potential step in that direction.
- Title: To direct the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish a program to enhance the mutual security and safety of the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and for other purposes.
- Sponsor: Rep Katherine Harris, FL-13
- Cosponsors (2)
- Title: A bill to direct the Secretary of State to establish a program to bolster the mutual security and safety of the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and for other purposes.
- Sponsor: Sen Richard Lugar, Indiana (introduced 4/20/2005)
- Cosponsors (6)
- H. CON. RES. 487
- Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada.