I don't know if this is the right page for feature requests -- or to what extent this installation of MediaWiki can be upgraded/customized -- but a couple of things I'd really like to see are:
- An upgrade to MediaWiki 1.6 or higher (to allow template parameter defaults, among other things)
- The ParserFunctions extention (for more dynamic template possibilities)
- The Semantic MediaWiki extention (for coolness impossible to describe)
Any of these a possibility? —Abou Ben Adhem 14:06, 14 November 2006 (PST)
- Yes, yes, and yes. I'd like to go to 1.8.2, but that requires PHP5, and the box I'm on right now is PHP4. So now that the election is over, I would like to upgrade to 1.6.8, and then work on getting my ISP to move the site to a PHP5 box. I have an extension or two I'd like to install myself, but they require a more recent MW, so I have ample incentive. -- Centerfielder 14:20, 14 November 2006 (PST)
- Any news or progress on this? —Abou Ben Adhem 20:00, 7 January 2007 (PST)
Lestatdelc 01:31, 25 Jul 2005 (PDT) I was trying to use the template syntax used in Wikipedia to define templates for things like Infoboxs such as in the various articles on the different PResidents, having the standard sidebar infobox on DOB, term in office, succeeded by, preceded by, etc.
If not, what types of templates does it accepts?
TOC stuff and To-Do page
--Centerfielder 16:44, 28 Apr 2004 (PDT) A couple of things
- The auto table of contents feature is pretty cool; if you don't have that checked on, give it a try. It should help encourage proper use of headings.
- --Pyrrho 02:36, 5 May 2004 (PDT) when I moved this page to CustomMedia Wiki I deleted the call for to-do page (which is linked back at Meta_Main to it's own page, but I leave this since it is a cool feature and in a way it's a request that this be part of our dkosopedia standards wherever at all appropriate (everywhere?)
--Centerfielder 16:44, 28 Apr 2004 (PDT)
- I think every state government page should have a link to the Wikipedia entry for that state (and maybe vice-versa once dKosopedia gets more complete); see, for example, the entry for Texas. If someone has time, and wants to get used to navigating around the wiki, this is a nice little little task from the to-do page.
- Defining a namespace for state governments (stategov) was probably a mistake; now each state shows up with a name such as "Stategov:texas", which is silly. It should just be "Texas". I'll probably spend a little time fixing this in the next day or two. (It does speak to the namespace issue; I'm in favor of keeping things simple, and still made the mistake of adding a superfluous namespace. Yes indeedy, this is an issue that needs discussion on the Namespaces page.)
- --Pyrrho 02:36, 5 May 2004 (PDT) in splitting up Meta_Main, I decided this should go at talk:Namespaces and the results are stored at Namespaces... all in favor?
- MediaWiki normally capitalizes the first letter of each page, but in order to keep the lowercase "d" in "dKosopedia" I changed the .php code to not upcase certain pages. I should probably write a quick little function to upcase everything like it usually does unless the string is "dKosopedia". Sigh.