As a young single, working mother, Woolsey was on welfare for a time to make ends meet. She has four children and five grandchildren.
- graduated from Lincoln High School, Seattle, Wash.
- attended the University of Washington, Seattle, Wash., 1955-1957
- B.S., University of San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif., 1980
- human resources manager and personnel service owner; teacher, Marin Community College, Indian Valley, Calif.
- instructor, Dominican College of San Rafael, Calif.
- member, Petaluma, Calif., city council, 1984-1992
- vice mayor, Petaluma, Calif., 1989 and 1992
- elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Third and to the seven succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1993-present). 
- H.R. 508-110 — To require United States military disengagement from Iraq, to provide United States assistance for reconstruction and reconciliation in Iraq, and for other purposes.
- March 20, 2007: House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee Hearings Held.
Washington DC Office
2263 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5161
Fax: (202) 225-5163
1050 Northgate Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903
1101 College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Phone: (707) 542-7182
Fax: (707) 542-2745
- Rep. Lynn Woolsey's House website bio page
- WOOLSEY, Lynn C., (1937 - ) from Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-Present
- Rep. Lynn Woolsey On the Issues
- OpenSecrets.org: Career Profile of Rep. Lynn Woolsey
- OpenCongress.org: Rep. Lynn Woolsey
- Progressive Punch: Rep. Lynn Woolsey
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings of Rep. Lynn Woolsey
- Washington Post Votes Database: Rep. Lynn Woolsey