Not to be confused with the Minimum Wage
The following Frequently Asked Questions about the Living Wage:
- What is a living wage ordinance?
- How are living wage levels determined?
- How is the minimum wage different from a living wage?
- What is the difference between a living wage and a "prevailing wage"?
- Why do we need living wage ordinances?
- Who pays the cost of the living wage increase?
- Do living wage ordinances cause job loss?
- Do living wage ordinances have a negative impact on the business climate?
- What effect do living wage ordinances have on the contracting process?
- What effect do living wage ordinances have on economic development?
- Are there problems with enforcing living wage ordinances?
- Will living wage ordinances reduce poverty?
- How do living wage ordinances affect non-profits?
- Will employers replace less-skilled workers with higher-skilled workers if they are forced to raise wages?
- What is the government's role in setting job quality standards?
Are answered here: Living wage FAQ
See also: Minimum Wage