Lincoln Chafee (born March 26, 1953, Warwick, R.I.) is a former U.S. Senator from Rhode Island. He lost the 2006 election to Sheldon Whitehouse, see Rhode Island U.S. Senate election, 2006. Chaffee is the son of former Rhode Island Senator John H. Chafee.
- Warwick public schools;
- graduated Brown University 1975;
- delegate to Rhode Island constitutional convention 1985
- member, Warwick city council 1986-1992
- mayor of Warwick 1992-1999
- appointed on November 2, 1999, as a Republican to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the death of his father, John H. Chafee.
- elected as a Republican to the U.S. Senate in 2000 for the term ending January 3, 2007.
The Honorable Lincoln D. Chafee United States Senate 141A Russell Senate Office Building Washington, D.C. 20510-3903
DC Phone: 202-224-2921 DC Fax: 202-228-2853 Email Address: http://chafee.senate.gov/webform.htm Senate website: http://chafee.senate.gov/
- Lincoln is the son of former Senator John Chaffee, and occupies his seat.
- He recently made news by announcing that he would not vote for George W. Bush, instead writing in a different republican, perhaps George H. W. Bush.
- In Sept. 2006, Chafee was instrumental in blocking the nomination of John Bolton as UN Ambassador.