Sen. Larry E. Craig, AKA Larry "Wide Stance Craig born in Council, Idaho on July 20, 1945, is a controversial Republican Senator from Idaho. He was elected to the Idaho State Senate in 1974, where he served three terms before winning the 1980 race for Idaho's First Congressional District. He was re-elected to the House four times before winning the U.S. Senate election in 1990. Craig has since been re-elected to the Senate in 1996 and 2002. He announced that he will retire at the end of his term in 2008.
Craig graduated from the University of Idaho in 1969, then served in the Idaho National Guard. He was discharged in 1972, after serving less than half of his six year commitment for reasons that are now suspect.
Craig is on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association. He is also a former National Vice-President of the Future Farmers of America.
He is married to the former Suzanne Thompson. They have two sons, Mike and Jay, a daughter, Shae, (all adopted or step) and nine grandchildren. He lacks any biolgical offspring.
In June of 2007, Craig was arrested in an airport men's room by a policeman for soliciting sex in a men's bathroom. On August 8 he pled guilty to disordely conduct.  Since the early 1980's there have been allegations that he is a homosexual. , 
If Craig was using the toilet for it's intended purpose just how he was able to rub feet with the cop in the next stall (which Craig admits to) remains a mystery
Since Craig's bathroom arrest Conservative bloggers have declared War on Craig whom they see as a liability. 
Question: How the hell did this not get reported in newspapers for three months? 
- Member, Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Senate Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Senate Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Senate Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Senate Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Senate Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Senate Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans' Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Member, Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- President, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Member, Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Sen. Senate website bio page
- CRAIG, Larry Edwin, (1945 - ) from Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-Present
- Sen. Larry Craig On the Issues
- OpenSecrets.org: Career Profile of Sen. Larry Craig
- OpenCongress.org: Sen. Larry Craig
- Progressive Punch: Sen. Larry Craig
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings of Sen. Larry Craig
- Washington Post Votes Database: Sen. Larry Craig
- February 2, 2007: ID-Sen: Craig Staffer Picks Fight with Veterans' Group by mcjoan