Kunia Camp, located on Oahu's central plain, was Oahu's last village for those involved with the processing pineapples from Del-Monte's pineapple fields. 140 to 150 families reside in homes owned by Del Monte at Kunia Camp.
In November 2006, DelMonte abruptly ceased its Hawaii operations.
In January 2006, federal funds were made available for unemployed workers for retraining:
- "(Workers) affected by the closure of the Del Monte plant will receive help in securing new jobs," Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao said. "Through this $569,230 grant and the services available through the TAA program, these workers will have better opportunities to build new careers."
- The grant announcement comes exactly a week after Senators Daniel K. Akaka and Daniel K. Inouye announced that laid-off Del Monte workers would qualify for the U.S. Department of Labor's Trade Adjustment Assistance and Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance programs. At the time, the state also met with affected employees to tell them about the available services. 
- Dan Nakaso and Will Hoover. Del Monte quitting pineapple here Honolulu Advertiser, February 2, 2006.
- Hoover, Will. Del Monte's news of closure stuns, upsets workers Honolulu Advertiser, February 2, 2006.
- Nakaso, Dan. Union optimistic about retraining, aid Honolulu Advertiser, February 2, 2006.
- Dan Nakaso and Will Hoover. Plantation life fades away Honolulu Advertiser, February 3, 2006.
- Nakaso, Dan. A history of helping little guy Honolulu Advertiser, February 4, 2006.
- Hoover, Will. Del Monte workers may get state help Honolulu Advertiser, February 16, 2006.
- Nakaso, Dan. Del Monte workers grapple with future Honolulu Advertiser, February 28, 2006.
- Bernardo, Rosemarie. Facing the future -- Losing a home on the plantation is what worries Del Monte pineapple workers most Honolulu Star-Bulletin, March 20, 2006.
- Groups lobby to stay at Kunia camp Honolulu Star-Bulletin, March 30, 2006.
- Advertiser staff. Del Monte to shut down 2 years ahead of schedule Honolulu Advertiser, November 17, 2006.
- Vorsino, Mary. Workers ponder life after pine Honolulu Advertiser, November 19, 2006.
- Wiles, Greg. Del Monte, union seek ruling on shutdown Honolulu Advertiser, November 23, 2006.
- Shaeffers, Allison. Del Monte workers eligible for federal aid -- The grant will fund retraining for the 180 laid-off employees Honolulu Star-Bulletin, January 20, 2007.