Calvert was born in Corona, California, June 8, 1953.
- graduated from Corona High School, Corona, Calif., 1971
- A.A., Chaffey College, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., 1973
- B.A., San Diego State University, San Diego, Calif., 1975
- restaurant manager; business owner
- staff for United States Representative Victor Veysey of California
- unsuccessful candidate for nomination to the Ninety-eighth Congress in 1982
- chair, Riverside County, Calif., Republican Party, 1984-1988
- elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Third and to the seven succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1993-present).
- Member, House Committee on Appropriations
- Had a 1993 "incident" in which he was found, roadside, with a prostitute.
- In December 2004, he accompanied corrupt former Rep. Randy Cunningham and co-conspirator Thomas T. Kontogiannis on a trip to Saudi Arabia.
- CALVERT, Ken from Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-Present
- Rep. Ken Calvert's House website bio page
- Rep. Ken Calvert On the Issues
- OpenSecrets.org: Career Profile of Rep. Ken Calvert
- OpenCongress.org: Rep. Ken Calvert
- Progressive Punch: Rep. Ken Calvert
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings of Rep. Ken Calvert
- Washington Post Votes Database: Rep. Ken Calvert
- Conservatives Replace Scandal-Plagued Doolittle With Scandal-Plagued Calvert - ThinkProgress.org, May 10, 2007.
- Calvert Caught In The Act With Prostitute, Lied, Attempted To Run From Police - ThinkProgress.org, May 12, 2007.
- Beyond DeLay: The 22 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and two to watch): Rep. Ken Calvert (R-CA) Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, September 2007.