Joseph "Joe" Souki (born April 25, 1933, Puunene, Maui), a member of the Democratic Party, has been a member of the Hawaii State House of Representatives in the Hawaii State Legislature since 1982. Presently, he represents the 8th Representative district which includes the Wailuku, Waihee, Waiehu, Puuohala and Waikapu areas of the island of Maui in the state of Hawaii.
Rep. Souki has a poor environmental voting record as indicated by the legislative scorecards it keeps on each member of the legislature. (see below)
- Woodbury University, BA;
- St. Anthony High School
- Realtor, Joseph M. Souki Realty since 1982.
- Executive Director, Maui Economic Opportunity 16 years.
Member of the following House committees:
- Transportation (Chair)
- Consumer Protection & Commerce
- Labor & Public Employment
- Public Safety & Military Affairs
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 433 415 South Beretania Street Honolulu, HI 96813 Phone 808-586-9444 Fax 808-586-9499 From Maui, toll free 984-2400 + 69444 E-mail repsouki@Capitol.hawaii.gov
- Rep. Joseph Souki (Hawaii State Legislature)
- Sierra Club Legislative Environmental Scorecard 2003-2004 - Souki - 50% (Sierra Club of Hawaii)
- Sierra club Legislative Environmental Scorecard 2001-2002 - Souki - 57% (Sierra Club of Hawaii)
- Sierra club Legislative Environmental Scorecard 1999-2000 - Souki - 44% (Sierra Club of Hawaii)
- Consultin’ has been good to Souki (Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 6-5-98)
- Traffic cam plan gets red light in Legislature (Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 4-30-04)
- In the House, schools, roads new correctional facility, DLNR enforcement on wish lists (Maui News, 1-15-06)
back to Hawaii