|U.S. Senior Senator, Delaware|
| Assumed office (class 2) |
January 3, 1973
|Preceded by||J. Caleb Boggs|
|Born||November 20, 1942|
|Spouse||Jill Tracy Jacobs|
Joe Biden is the Vice President of the United States of America. He is the former chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and the Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime. Biden was one of seven candidates for the Democratic nomination in the 1988 presidential election. He was first elected to the U.S. Senate from Delaware in 1972.
As a highly-respected public official, Senator Joe Biden was selected as Barack Obama's nominee for Vice-President in 2008.
He is the father of Beau R. Biden, III, who will deploy to Iraq in 2008.
Biden has not served in the military. He was drafted for Vietnam, but he failed his physical exam. 
- Promises to Keep, by Joseph Biden
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, (Chairman)
- As Chairman of the full committee Biden is an ex officio member of each subcommittee.
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Subcommittee on Antitrust Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs, (Chairman)
- Subcommittee on Human Rights and the Law
- Subcommittee on Immigration Border Security and Citizenship
- Subcommittee on Technology Terrorism and Homeland Security
- Caucus on International Narcotics Control (Co-Chairman)
- Citizens for Biden
- Biden senate website
- Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. (DE) (Project Vote Smart)
- Joe Biden on the Issues (On the Issues)