James Moran (b. May 16, 1945, Buffalo, N.Y.) a Democratic Representative from Virginia. Rep. Moran was first elected to congress in 1990 and has been reelected since. Moran represents Virginia's 8th district in the House of Representatives, VA-08. The 8th district consists of the Cities of Alexandria and Falls Church, Arlington County, and portions of Fairfax County, including the districts of Lee, Mason, Providence, Mt. Vernon and Reston.
Congressman Moran is a co-founder of the New Democrat Coalition, a group of approximately 75 centrist House Democrats committed to fiscal responsibility, free trade, technology, and maintaining America's security and economic competitiveness. 
Congressman Moran has also been a lead advocate of reducing harmful emissions from this region’s antiquated coal-fired power plants, protecting green space and green infrastructure and restoring local streams to a more natural state. In 2004, he received a perfect rating by the League of Conservation Voters for his votes in favor of protecting the environment, and received other similar scores from organizations committed to animal protection, gun control and human rights. 
- B.A. in Economics, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass., 1967
- attended the Bernard Baruch School of Finance, City University of New York, New York, N.Y., 1967-1968.
- Masters in Public Aadministration, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa., 1970.
- attended the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif., 1978
- investment broker, A.G. Edwards & Sons.
- comptroller and budget analyst, United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, 1968-1974.
- budgetary & fiscal policy spec., Library of Congress, 1974-1976.
- staff member, United States Senate Committee on Appropriations, 1976-1979
- member of the Alexandria, Va., city council, 1979-1982
- vice mayor of Alexandria, Va., 1982-1984
- mayor of Alexandria, Va., 1985-1990
- elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Second and to the seven succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1991-present).
- House Committee on Appropriations
Alexandria Office 5115 Franconia Road Suite B Alexandria, VA 22310 Phone: (703) 971-4700 Fax: (703) 922-9436 Reston Office 1760 Reston Parkway Suite 504 Reston, VA 20190 Phone: (703) 481-4339 Fax: (703) 481-4338 Washington D.C. Office 2239 Rayburn Building Washington, DC 20515-4608 Phone: (202) 225-4376 Fax: (202) 225-0017
- Congressman Jim Moran (U.S. Congress)
- MORAN, James P., (1945 - ) (Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress)
- Jim Moran, 2005-2006 Profile (OpenSecrets.org)
- Representative James P. Moran Jr. (VA) (Project Vote Smart)
- James Moran (Democrat, district 8) On the Issues (On the Issues)
- Daily Kos => Jim Moran (Daily Kos)
- Moran Wins Va. Primary -- Democrat Survives Debate on Fitness By Lisa Rein (Washington Post, 6-9-04)