The category 5 hurricane Katrina hit Florida and the Gulf Coast in August 2005, causing total devastation of New Orleans and surrounding areas. There are several articles covering major aspects of its aftermath:
Hurricane Katrina timeline including all responses or lack thereof by people
- position:climate change caused Hurricane Katrina
- position:New Orleans Superdome refugees were neglected
- position:FEMA was deliberately unprepared for Hurricane Katrina
- position:Katrina media coverage was racist class warfare
Hurricane Katrina refugee definition, situation, and prospects.
FEMA - What it is and its political history, including how changes in the agency under Bush lessened its ability to respond to Hurricane Katrina.
- Sourcewatch: hurricane Katrina
- Katrina Progressive Policy and Action Guide from Moving Ideas Network
- Support the Hurricane Katrina Bankruptcy Relief and Community Protection Act
- Key diaries/articles
- New Orleans: The forgotten city by psifighter37 on August 12, 2006