Hermina M. Morita (born Sept. 2, 1954), is a member of the Democratic Party and has been a member of the Hawaii State House of Representatives of the Hawaii State Legislature since 1997, representing the 14th representative district. The 14th district includes these areas of the island of Kauai: Hanalei, Anahola, Kealia, Kapaa and Waipouli.
Rep. Morita has won reelection to her house seat in the 2004 general election by defeating Republican opponent, Mamo Cummings.
Rep. Morita is a consistent and strong supporter of environmental measures in the Hawaii State Legislature.
- Attended George Washington University
- Attended University of Hawaii
- Kamehameha Schools 1972
Member of the following committees:
- Energy & Environmental Protection (Chair)
- Consumer Protection & Commerce
- Water, Land, Ocean Resources & Hawaiian Affairs
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 314 415 South Beretania Street Honolulu, HI 96813 Phone: 808-586-8435 Fax: 808-586-8437 From Kauai, toll free 274-3141 + 68435 e-mail: repmorita@Capitol.hawaii.gov
- Rep. Hermina Morita (Hawaii State Legislature)
- Oi, Cynthia. Water, water everywhere... Honolulu Star-Bulletin, September 23, 2006. Article on Hydrogen fuels
- Sierra Club Legislative Scorecards Morita always scores near the top (Sierra Club of Hawaii)
- Douglass, Danielle. Rep. Morita, Thielen Sponsor Screening of 'Inconvenient Truth' at State Capitol Hawaii Reporter, January 17, 2007.
back to Hawaii