Henry Waxman is a Congressman from California, where he represents the 30th district. He was first elected to Congress in 1974. Waxman served three terms in the California State Assembly before entering Congress.
Henry Waxman was born September 12, 1939, in Los Angeles, and holds a bachelor's degree in political science from UCLA and a J.D. from the UCLA Law School. He and his wife, the former Janet Kessler, have a daughter and son-in-law, a son and daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren.
He is the Chairman of the House Committee on Government Reform.
Despite his chipmunk like appearance Waxman is not a man to be trifled with as he is both brilliant and courageous facts that many Republicans have found out the hard way.
- Chair, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Ex Officio, House Subcommittee on Domestic Policy
- Member, Ex Officio, House Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, Postal Service, and the District of Columbia
- Member, Ex Officio, House Subcommittee on Government Management, Organization, and Procurement
- Member, Ex Officio, House Subcommittee on Information Policy, Census, and National Archives
- Member, Ex Officio, House Subcommittee on National Security and Foreign Affairs
- Member, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
Washington DC Office
2204 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3976
Fax: (202) 225-4099
Los Angeles Office
8436 West Third Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone: (323) 651-1040
Phone: (818) 878-7400
Phone: (310) 652-3095
Fax: (323) 655-0502
- Official Page
- Rep. Henry Waxman House website bio page
- WAXMAN, Henry Arnold, (1939 - ) from Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-Present
- Rep. Henry Waxman On the Issues
- OpenSecrets.org: Career Profile of Rep. Henry Waxman
- OpenCongress.org: Rep. Henry Waxman
- Progressive Punch: Rep. Henry Waxman
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings of Rep. Henry Waxman
- Washington Post Votes Database: Rep. Henry Waxman
- Waxman's Iraq on the Record Database