This article is a stub. You can help dKosopedia by expanding it.
|House Bill 811 (110th Congress)|
|To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require a voter-verified permanent paper ballot under title III of such Act, and for other purposes.|
|Sponsor:||Rush D. Holt|
|Committees:||House Committee on Administration|
- Sunday, October 28, 2007: HR811 still has not been voted on.
- According to Kathy Dopp on Monday, September 3, 2007: HR811 is on the agenda for the House Rules Committee meeting on Wednesday afternoon (which usually means a vote the next day, Thursday, September 6), and is listed as being on the voting schedule in the Majority Leader's "Weekly Leader" e-mail update that went out yesterday for next week. However, this did not turn out to be the case.
- H.R. 811-110 — To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to require a voter-verified permanent paper ballot under title III of such Act, and for other purposes.
- May 16, 2007: Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 91.
| External links for H.R. 811|
|H.R. 811 at DailyKos|
|H.R. 811 at Thomas|
|H.R. 811 at Billhop|
|H.R. 811 at GovTrack|
|H.R. 811 at OpenCongress|
Source: thomas.gov search
- Kathy Dopp's analysis in favor of H.R. 811 (September 3, 2007)
- "Overhaul Plan for Vote System Will Be Delayed" (New York Times) by Christopher Drew (July 20, 2007)
- "The Campaign for Secure Elections" (Huffington Post) by Lawrence Norden, project director of the Brennan Center Voting Technology Assessment Project; supports H.R. 811 (June 13, 2007)
- "HR 811: Separating Truth From Fiction in E-voting Reform" by Matt Zimmerman of EFF (June 13, 2007)
- Daily Kos: "On HR811 - Separating Truth from Fiction" by "pam" (June 13, 2007)
- statement in "myths-and-facts" style in favor of the amended H.R. 811, by Kathy Dopp of USCountVotes (May 21, 2007; PDF format)
- Brad Blog's overview page for H.R. 811 and H.R. 5036-110
- VotersUnite's "Essential Revisions to HR 811" (updated as of mid-May 2007)
- home page of House Committee on Administration (as of May 11, 2007, contains press release about H.R. 811)
- analysis of amended text by Robert Kibrick, legislative analyst at VerifiedVoting.org (May 11, 2007)
- "Congress Takes One Step Forward on Verifiable Voting" by Matt Renner, Truthout.org (May 10, 2007)
- announcement by Pamela Smith, president of VerifiedVoting.org, about H.R. 811's release from committee (May 8, 2007)
- bill with markup (via National Association of Secretaries of State; PDF format) (May 8, 2007)
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren's amendment (May 2007)
- Marian Beddill's line-by-line analysis of early version of bill at NoLeakyBuckets.org (March 2007; last edited July 1, 2007)
- Brad Friedman on H.R. 811 ("the good and the bad") in an interview by David Bender (mp3 format) (February 21, 2007)
- Brad Friedman on the "false dichotomies" laid out to support H.R. 811 (February 20, 2007)
- Kathy Dopp's proposed changes to H.R. 811 (February 17, 2007)
- Avi Rubin's comments in favor of H.R. 811 (February 17, 2007)
- Election Defense Alliance's links to criticisms of H.R. 811 (undated)
- Holt's press release (February 6, 2007)