Ewa Development Plan
The Ewa Development Plan is one of a set of eight community-oriented plans intended to help guide public policy, investment, and decision-making over the next 25 years. Each plan addresses one of eight planning regions of City and County of Honolulu, responding to specific conditions and community values of each region. 
The Ewa Development Plan and the Primary Urban Center Development Plan, to which growth and supporting facilities will be directed over the next 25 years, have been entitled "Development Plans". They will be the policy guide to development decisions and actions needed to support that growth. The remaining six planning areas, which are envisioned as relatively stable regions for which public actions will focus on supporting existing populations, are called "Sustainable Communities Plans" in order to appropriately indicate their intent. 
- Development plan/Sustainable Community Plan Areas
- Ewa Development Plan
- Ewa Development Plan Five Year Review
- Gosner, James. Haseko alters 'Ewa development plan Honolulu Advertiser, May 3, 2001.
- Gosner, James. 'Ewa water project proposed Honolulu Advertiser, July 25, 2002.
- Gomes, Andrew. 10,000-15,000 more 'Ewa homes planned Honolulu Advertiser, May 24, 2006.
- Schuler buys land to build Kapolei homes -- The D.R. Horton division buys 1,600 acres and plans up to 15,000 homes for the area Honolulu Star-Bulletin, May 25, 2006.
- Gomes, Andrew. New industrial park planned at Kapolei Honolulu Advertiser, April 6, 2006.
- Wu, Nina. Suburbs no longer -- Traffic in bustling Kapolei already is bad and the"second city" is expected to grow even more Honolulu Star-Bulletin, June 23, 2006.
- Daranciang, Nelson. Home Lands project plants roots in Kapolei -- The parcel will be able to support 403 single-family homes Honolulu Star-Bulletin, August 23, 2007.
- OUR OPINION: Hoopili project fits goal for growth in West Oahu THE ISSUE: A developer has proposed to build a 1,600-acre housing and commercial project in Ewa.
- The eight development plans on regions of Oahu:
- Central Oahu Sustainable Communities Plan
- East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan
- Ewa Development Plan
- Ko'olau Loa Sustainable Communities Plan
- Ko'olaupoko Sustainable Communities Plan
- North Shore Sustainable Communities Plan
- Primary Urban Center Development Plan
- Waianae Sustainable Communities Plan