Emmett Aluli, MD, one of the Kaho'olawe Nine who landed on Kaho'olawe on Jan. 4, 1976. The nine were protesting the Navy’s use of Kaho‘olawe for military training and target practice. Aluli as part of the Protect Kahoolawe Ohana was instrumental in the stopping of military use Kaho'olawe.
- Chairman, Kahoolawe Island Reserve Commission.
- Founding member of the Protect Kahoolawe Ohana, a "grassroots" organization which has worked arduously to stop military bombing and ordnance delivery training on the island of Kaho'olawe.
- Co-founder, Pele Defense Fund, which is dedicated to perpetuation of the beliefs, customs, practices, and ecosystems sacred to Pele, Hawaiian deity of the volcano.
- Medical Executive Director of the Moloka'i General Hospital, a subsidiary of Queen's Health Care System.
- Physician in family medical practice with the Moloka'i Family Health Center since 1976.
- Founding Board Member of Aha Hui o Na Kauka, the Native Hawaiian Physicians Association.
- Assistant Medical Professor at the University of Hawai'i John A. Burns School of Medicine in the Departments of Family Medicine and Community Health and Native Hawaiian Health.
- Founded Na Pu'uwai, Inc., the Native Hawaiian Health Care System for Moloka'i and Lana'i in 1985