Centennial of Filipino immigration to Hawaii
The Centennial of Filipino immigration to Hawaii. On Dec. 20, 1906, the first 15 sakadas, contract sugar plantation workers from the Philippines arrived in Hawaii, beginning an ongoing cycle of immigration.
Today, Filipinos are the fastest-growing ethnic group in Hawaii. More than 275,000 isle residents identify themselves as Filipino or part Filipino, 23 percent of the state's population. 
- Key dates in Filipino history in Hawaii Honolulu Star-Bulletin, November 20, 2005.
- Time to celebrate! Events kick off a year-long Filipino centennial commemoration By Craig Gima Honolulu Star-Bulletin, December 11, 2005.
- Step right in and join the Filipino celebration By Will Hoover Honolulu Advertiser, December 11, 2005.
- Filipinos in Hawaii -- 100 years Honolulu Advertiser, December 11, 2005.
- Bolante, Ronna. History: Hawai’i’s Sakada Soldiers Honolulu Magazine, July 2006.