Blake Oshiro (born January 16, 1970), a member of the Democratic Party, represents the 33rd Representative District in the Hawaii State House of Representatives of the Hawaii State Legislature. The 33rd District includes the Aiea, Pearlridge, Red Hill and Halawa Heights areas on the island of Oahu, in the state of Hawaii. Oshiro was reelected in 2010. As of December 7, 2011, Oshiro will leave the state legislature to become the deputy chief of staff for Gov. Neil Abercrombie. Oshiro will be deputy to Chief of Staff Bruce Coppa. 
Oshiro is a 1988 graduate of Pearl City High School. He recieved his BA in Enlish literature for the University of Southern California in 1992. Oshiro recieved his JD from the William S. Richardson, School of Law, University of Hawaii at Manoa in 1996 with an Environmental Law Certificate.
Oshiro has been an Associate Attorney with the firm of Wong, Oshima & Kondo from January 1998 to the present.
Blake Oshiro has an excellent environmental voting record according to the Sierra Club of Hawaii and is a supporter of gay civil rights.
Member of the following House committees:
- Hawaii State Capitol, Room 422
- 415 South Beretania Street
- Honolulu, HI 96813
- phone 808-586-6340
- fax 808-586-6341
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Blake Oshiro (State of Hawaii)
- District 33 race truly a two-party affair Honolulu Advertiser, 10-22-04.
- Will elections ever be ‘clean’? Honolulu Weekly, July 21, 2004.
- Senate bills ban anti-gay bias -- BYU-Hawaii wins exemption from a measure prohibiting discrimination in work and housing Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 4-5-05.
- Legislators debate ways to assist homeless -- One proposal is to let people live in parks under supervision Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 4-4-05.
HR 444 - Civil Unions
- Borreca, Richard. Civil unions now closer to reality after 18-7 vote, Honolulu Star
- DePledge, Derrick. Historic civil-unions bill gets House OK, Honolulu Advertiser, April 30, 2010.
- DePledge, Derrick. Lingle vetoes civil-unions bill, Star-Advertiser, July 7, 2010.
- Borreca, Richard. Oshiro's future linked to HB 444, Star-Advertiser, June 27, 2010.
- Borreca, Richard. 'Culture war' engulfs Hawaii Democrats, Star-Advertiser, August 1, 2010.
- Reyes, B.J. GOP endorsements land Okino in trouble with Democratic Party, Star-Advertiser, September 11, 2010.
- Reyes, B.J. Democratic caucus members want Okino out, Star-Advertiser, September 15, 2010.
- Park, Gene. Oshiro beats Okino in closely watched Hawaii House race, Star-Advertiser, September 18, 2010.
- Borreca, Richard. Religious vote in Hawaii went MIA in primary election, Star-Advertiser, September 24, 2010.
Back to Hawaii.