1947 1948 1949
- Pakistani ISI intelligence agency is established.
- Pakistani PM Mohammad Ali Jinnah states that Urdu will be the only national language in Pakistan, sets stage for tragedy in 1971.
- AEC issues Operation Atomic Vision handbook to high schools promising irtual end to economic scarcity, including plastic cars powered by atomic engines.
- Parliament passes the British Nationality Act.
- California Supreme Court in Perez v. Sharp repeals California anti-miscegenation statutes.
- January 28: Future President of Liberia and indicted war criminal Charles Taylor is born in Arthington, a town 25 kilometres outside of Monrovia.
- February: Communist Party takes complete control of Czechoslavakia.
- March 12: Future Democratic U.S. Senator Kent Conrad is born in Bismark, North Dakota.
- November: National Security Council (NSC) 20/4 outlines U.S. Grand Strategy to eliminate the Soviet Union as rival to U.S. global hegemony.
- November 2: Harry S. Truman is elected U.S. President.
- December 23: Tojo Hideki is hanged at Sugamo Prison.