1848 1849 1850
- State of Deseret (Utah) seeks admission into the Union.
- Statehood for Hawaii is first mentioned.
- French admiral Legoarant de Tromelin fails in attempted occupation/annexation of Hawaii.
- Revolutionary upheavels of 1848 come to an end.
- Michael Corcoran emigrates from Eire to the United States.
- Astor Palace Riot.
- March 30: British annex all of Darbar territories and Punjab is absorbed into British Empire in India.
- June: Austria and Prussia repress revolutions in the Rhineland, Saxony, and Bavaria.
- June: Russians smash Hungarian Republic.
- August: Venetian Republic falls because of cholera and starvation.
- September 14: Ivan Pavlov is born in Ryazan, Russia.