109th United States Congress
|109th - United States Congress|
|Senate Majority Leader||Bill Frist|
|Speaker of the House||Dennis Hastert|
This is the daily summary of the actions in 109th United States Congress as a whole, for Overview.
The 109th United States Congress meet from January 4, 2005, to January 1, 2007. All members of the House of Representatives were elected in the November 2004 House elections, while 34 of the members of the Senate were elected in the November 2004 Senate elections.
The 109th Congress began its first day swearing in and performing many of the ceremonial and pedestrian activities associated with a new Congress. (NOTE: Better write-up and format/structure to follow).
Major legislation passed
- Feb 17 - Class Action Fairness Act of 2005
- March 21 - Theresa Marie Schiavo's law
- April 20 - Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act
- April 27 - Family Entertainment and Copyright Act
- July 28 - Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA)
- July 29 - Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Aug 10 - Transportation Equity Act of 2005
- Oct 26 - Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act
- Dec 1 - Caribbean National Forest Act of 2005
- Dec 30 - Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2006
- (including McCain Detainee Amendment)
- May 17 - Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005
- May 29 - Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act
- July 27 - Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Sept 26 - Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006
- Oct 13 - Safe Port Act including title VIII, Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006
- Oct 17 - Military Commissions Act of 2006
- Oct 26 - Secure Fence Act of 2006
- Dec 20 - Tax Relief and Health Act of 2006
See the listing of the membership of the 109th United States Congress.
|108th Congress|| 109th Congress |
- Executive Branch
- Judicial Branch
- Legislative Branch
- This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "109th United States Congress"